Initial Consultation -New Clients-
Long distance travel consults; Please note due to increased gas charges; we had to add an additional $25.00 travel fee to any home visit outside of the 20-mile radius of 21045 zip code. Thank you for understanding.
IN-HOME-CONSULTATIONS WITH ANN FAUST
Our initial consultation is not time-based but charged per visit. But if you want some idea it usually takes anywhere from 90 minutes to 2 hours (this time is nearly double for multiples) one-on-one.
- During the initial visit;
- Detailed history taking,
- Examining and evaluating the baby's oral cavity
- Examining and evaluating the mother's breasts/chest for lactation,
- Transfer checks for the babies,
- Latch-on techniques,
- Normal infant behaviour
- And exploring the strategies to achieve good breastfeeding relationship, in addition to your short and long-term breastfeeding goals.
Please make sure you have all your questions ready, so we can discuss them in detail. (Many mothers find taking note on their phone or putting a notepad on the fridge and write their questions there as they remember them, useful).
With your permission, we usually send a detailed report to your baby's health-care provider for more rounded care for your baby. Mothers encouraged to follow-up with the lactation consultant within the next 24-36 hours after the initial consultation to discuss how the things are progressing.
Please take a minute to view our discount's page and our cancellation policy for a better experience.
CLINIC VISITS (PROBLEM-BASED) VISITS:
We are offering 55 minutes clinic appointments in Columbia where we have regular hours within the Beams Medical Home.
- These appointments design to help with;
- Basic Breastfeeding Management,
- Babies with oral restrictions.
- Mothers with milk supply challenges
- Exclusively pumping and bottle feeding
- Focused breastfeeding challenges.
During this visit we will take a detailed history and examine you and your baby as needed, answer your questions, and in most cases weigh your baby and check the milk transfer rates, to get a fuller picture of what is going on. At the end of the consult, you will be given a report to take it to your baby's health care provider to inform about our findings and recommendations.
Follow-ups for new or more than 3 weeks old follow-up consults $85.00/per 55 minutes consult
Dr Beam's Medical Home patients please click here for fee schedule
Usually, most breastfeeding challenges will be improved and/or corrected with the first visit, however, there are times more challenging issues that may need more than one consultation.
We normally like to keep-in-touch with the family regularly by text or phone to establish the new techniques, and there is no charge for this. We may also ask you to come to the clinic for a follow-up or you can choose to book an in-home follow-up.
- For clinic appointments $45.00/30 min clinic appointment that includes transfer checks .
- $20.00 weight check /15 minutes with some Q&A session.
- If you would like an in-home follow-up there will be an $105.00 charge for 60 minutes visit for singletons and $150.00 for multiples.
- For new and/or over three weeks old cases the 60 min. an in-home visit is $105.00 for singletons and $160 for multiples.
OUR CANCELLATION POLICY:
Please take a minute to review our cancellation policy, as this allows us to serve you better. Thank you
Phone Call or Email
There is no charge for a quick email or a phone consultation (Less than 15 minutes). However please note that most breastfeeding problems need a face-to-face consultation.